Why You Need a Boning Knife and How to Choose One Made Simple
Without the right boning knife, everything from breaking down chickens to preparing ribs becomes vastly more difficult and using a bigger knife is not a safe option. Where can you turn to find an easy way to purchase the right tools you need to cook delicious meals? With House of Knives, you can skip a trip to the restaurant supply store and order pro gear right from home.
Tips for Choosing Your Boning Knife
How should you go about picking out a boning knife for deboning work? Here are our tips:
- Choose a knife with the right blade profile for the type of meats you will work with most often. If you will spend most of your time simply cutting around bones for removal, traditional boning knives with a long, thin blade are ideal. A wider blade, however, can be more advantageous when cutting meats such as pork.
- To flex or not to flex? That is the question and it's a good one. Most knives, such as a chef's knife, have very little flex or "give" to the blade because it is not necessary. With a boning knife, however, you want the blade to be able to flex a little to help you navigate around bones or reach tough spots of cartilage. In other cases, you'll want a stiffer boning knife for meats that offer more resistance, such as beef.
- Look for knives that are "full tang" that is, the metal of the blade runs all the way through to the bottom of the handle. Full tang knives are often sold as such, but it is also easy to tell by looking at the handle itself, which often leaves a portion of the blade metal exposed as proof of the tang. Watch out for fake rivets designed to make low-quality knives look as though they are full tang when they are not.
What Sets House of Knives Apart With Regard to Boning Knives in Australia?
It's important to us that we provide our customers with an experience that is "a cut above" the rest. Here's how we do it:
- An incredible selection of knives to suit every purpose for both home cooks and line cooks hard at work in kitchens across Australia. We source products from leading manufacturers worldwide to deliver a wealth of choices.
- Competitive prices and prompt shipping to enable you to begin enjoying your new knife as soon as possible. We dispatch orders within just a few business days from order receipt, and it won't be long after that before your new knife arrives.
- Highly responsive customer service. We're always ready to respond to our customers from resolving concerns with your order to answering questions you might have about our products. We don't think you should go shopping in the dark let us cast a helpful light on your purchase decisions.
From browsing our products to placing your order, it takes only a short time to acquire just what you wanted.
Why You Shouldn't Go Past House Of Knives
When you need an easy way to purchase a knife that you know you can trust even when you put it to use at tough tasks, House of Knives is the place to be. From our dedicated customer service team to our local roots and passion for good products, we hope to always be your first choice for new cutlery.
Browse our collection of boning knives today from some of the biggest brands in the industry. Stocking F Dick knives
, Furi knives
and Japanese knives
, you are sure to find what you need and at the right price.