Chef Knives are the perfect multi-purpose kitchen knife, designed to perform well at a number of tasks as opposed to specialising in any one purpose.
Used for mincing, slicing meat, chopping vegetables and disjointing large cuts. A must have in any kitchen.
Making Smart Decisions When You Want to Buy Chef Knives
Chef knives are among the most versatile tools in any kitchen. From slicing and dicing to de-boning and more, a chef knife offers the right amount of flexibility paired with a smooth cutting action. Together, these attributes make it a well-balanced option.
At House of Knives, we've made it simple to find multi-purpose chef knives to aid you in ‘cutting’ down on prep time and improving the results of your cooking. We take pride in making world class chef’s knives available to more Australians here online. From Wusthof to Furi, even a full range of Japanese chef’s knives for you to choose from.
How should you approach the buying process?
Common Mistakes People Make When Buying Multi-Purpose Chef Knives
The best place to begin is with a look at what not to do — after all, you don't want to invest in a knife that you don't enjoy using. Watch out for these common errors:
- Failing to consider the size of the blade. Not all chef knives are the same length, with variations that can change the utility of the knife or the comfort in your hand. Do your homework in advance to better understand what size knife is best for you, or if you don't know, ask for our assistance.
- Forgetting to look at the type of steel used to create the knife. If you can't find out, it's not a good sign — you should be able to get a sense of how durable and reliable the blade will be. If not, find another knife.
When in doubt, don't hesitate to ask our friendly team for assistance in making a decision. Our experience and understanding set us apart.
Problems You Can Address with Quality Chef Knives from House of Knives
A good knife helps to solve a wide variety of problems you'll face in the kitchen. Here's why we put so much effort into sourcing dependable solutions:
- A sharp knife is a safe knife; if you can't count on your blade to hold its edge, you'll find yourself in situations where you must force the blade instead of cutting cleanly. That's a recipe not for delicious food, but potentially a poor cut instead.
- A knife should be a long-term investment. Have you used other knives that have worn out or even broken during regular use? It's a real problem — but one you can quickly solve by investing in a higher quality blade.
By now, it should be easy to see that a good chef knife is a game-changer. With so many brilliant options available here online from House of Knives, you’ll be sure to find the chef’s knife set perfect for you. Equipped with a top-quality chef knife, you’ll have everything you need to develop your skills and start enjoying a higher standard of cooking.
A Short Buyer's Guide to Chef Knife Gift Sets
Ready to move on to the next steps now that you know what you should keep in mind? Here's our quick buyer's guide to choosing which chef knife block set is the right one for you or your recipient:
- Look at all the knives in the set, not just the chef knife. Consider what your recipient cooks and how they may use them in the kitchen. Watch for collections with paring knives, which are the perfect counterpart to a chef knife.
- Opt for a two or three knife sets when you want to start someone off with reliable tools in a new kitchen. Want to surprise someone for the holidays? Purchase a carving set instead, which comes with a durable meat fork to use along with the knife.
With options from world-leaders in cutlery including Wusthof and J.A. Henckels, it won't take you long to find a knife you can love for years to come.