- Professional quality synthetic water stones.
- Contains 1000 grit side for edge restoration.
- 21cm x 7cm x 5.5cm
- Made in Japan
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- 90 day no-hassle returns
Optional: Pay in 4 interest-free fortnightly instalments ith AfterPay (valid for total cart amounts $80-$1500)
Tojiro’s synthetic whetstones are manufactured from fine, pefectly graded, sintered ceramic and are strongly recommended for the maintenance of Tojiro blades.
Tojiro whetstones and accessories have been developed to cater for the needs of enthusiastic cooks to professional chefs and are available in a wide range of abrasive grades:
- Coarse (#220-#400) for repairing chips and reshaping the blade
- Medium (#800-#1000) for regular edge maintenance
- Fine (#3000-#8000) for polishing and hardening to a razor finish
Double Edge Whetstone Sharpening
To maintain a keen edge on your Tojiro knives, we highly recommend periodic honing with a whetstone.
Our most popular whetstone is Tojiro’s #1000/#3000 combination stone, but you may wish to start with a coarser grit for dull or damaged knives and fine-tune your edge using a high grit stone.
Tojiro recommends sharpening using the “70/30” rule - spend 70% of your time honing the primary cutting side of your knife, and 30% on the reverse side
If you’re right-handed, the primary cutting side is the right side of the knife when held in a natural cutting position; if you’re left-handed, it’s the left side of the knife.
Guide to Whetstone Sharpening