- The core of the SG2 super steel is protected by a 100 layer stunning flower Damascus pattern
- The CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step ice-hardening process which maximizes the properties of the steel
- Traditional 3 step Honbazuke hand-honed edge with a 19 symmetrical blade
- MC63 Micro Carbide powder steel 63 Rockwell Hardness
- Stunning Birch handle features a striking mosaic pin, red spaces accents, and a steel end cap
- Manufactured in Seki, Japan
- Hand wash only
MIYABI knives embody the beauty of sharpness and follow in the tradition of the famous Japanese swords.
The authentic Japanese blade design and extraordinary sharpness of MIYABI knives will captivate you from the first encounter. Connoisseurs of demanding Japanese cuisine are impressed again and again by the balanced weight distribution of the knives and their comfortable handle.
Manufactured in the Zwilling J.A. Henckels factory based in Seki (Japan) using traditional Japanese methods.
The traditional Japanese Honbazuke v-edge honing gives the 19°symmetrical blade incomparable sharpness.
The blade core is made of FC61 Fine Carbide steel which holds a sharp edge and is incredibly durable, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel, with an extreme Rockwell hardness of approximately 61.
FRIODUR® ice-hardened for extreme hardness, corrosion-resistance and material elasticity.
Sleek floral damask pattern on blade is a result of the special blade treatment which alters the surface structure of each layer, giving each blade its individual floral damask pattern. The black Pakka Wood handle is perfectly balanced and features a steel end cap with decorative pin and ring, completing the sophisticated design. Ergonomically designed D shaped handle is comfortable to hold and reduces fatigue.
- Do not wash in dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture-free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives